This Emergency Action Plan is included online as part of our building usage risk assessments. It is for any Beacon Church member of staff or volunteer in charge of an event or service that occurs in our buildings and experiences and ’emergency’ situation.
The content of this webpage can also be found displayed in our buildings beside the first aid box, which in all buildings is located in the kitchen
Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
In the event of a fire please follow the following steps:
- RAISE THE ALARM BY OPERATING THE NEAREST CALL POINT.
- GET TO THE NEAREST TELEPHONE, THEN DIAL 999
- ASK FOR THE FIRE BRIGADE
- GIVE CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS TO THE OPERATOR.
- TACKLE THE FIRE IF SAFE TO DO SO. – Electrical oil and fat fires should be tackled with CO2 extinguishers – All other fires should be tackled by foam extinguishers
- EVACUATE THE BUILDING
If you are concerned about the safeguarding of an individual or feel in danger from someone else’s behaviour:
- If you feel in personal danger, particularly if you are in the building alone please ring 999 immediately
- If you are concerned for someone else’s well being and have specific safeguarding concerns the safeguarding policy can be found in the kitchen near the first aid box (Sandon Road Baptist Church)
- Contact details for safeguarding officers and can be found on page 5 of the Safeguarding Policy
- The Safeguarding Policy is also available online at thebeaconchurch.com/policies
- Remember: Recognise, Respond, Record